Information We Collect
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from Eclipse Foot Clinic Ltd, you will normally provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information and payment information. We will store your information on an electronic patient record and diary system, which is fully password protected with 2-Factor authentication and compliant with data protection policies.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
Eclipse Foot Clinic Ltd relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list;
- to communicate information relating to your appointment, such as email confirmation/reminders or use of SMS reminders
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
From time to time we may wish to send you direct marketing material, which may include product offers and newsletters. Existing patients can opt out of this by unsubscribing from any email mailing lists. New clients will be asked how they would like to be contacted when attending for their first appointment. This policy does not include relevant emails/SMS relating to your appointments or ongoing care, as these are part of our business systems.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our clients is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent, we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to the business, such as external reception services. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. These companies are all regulated by and conform to the same GDPR policies as our own.
- Business transfers. If the business is sold or merges with another business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I am legally required to.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Eclipse Foot Clinic Ltd may store and process your information through third-party hosting services outside of the EU. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as all of our 3rd party software services are Privacy Shield certified and comply with GDPR.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Us
For purposes of the GDPR, Eclipse Foot Clinic Ltd is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us using the contact page on our website at https://eclipsefootclinic.co.uk/contact-us/
Alternately, you may mail us at: Eclipse Foot Clinic Ltd., Essex House, Essex Road, Basingstoke RG21 8SU